Trifle – one of the most delicious desserts I’ve ever had the pleasure of enjoying. But is there an easy gluten-free version out there? YES!
- Metro Irresistibles gluten-free white cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (or 1 Mott’s applesauce snack cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup Perrier
- 2 small containers of raspberries
- 1 container of strawberries
- 1 small container of blueberries
- 2 cans of devon custard
In a large bowl combine egg, applesauce, and vanilla. Stir-in cake mix until smooth. Slowly incorporate milk and Perrier (while stirring). Mix batter until everything is well combined. Pour batter into two 8-inch round cake pans – bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes. While cake is baking rinse berries. Remove cake from oven and let cool.
Once cooled, cut the cake into small bite-sized pieces. In a trifle bowl layer cake, custard and fruit – repeating until no cake and custard remains. Decorate the top of the trifle with remaining fruit or whipped cream.
Check out the video below for the full recipe: